Current Address:

This is my current address:

Elder Jonathan Hoopes
17, cours Monseigneur Romero
91000, Évry
France

Saturday, July 28, 2012

1 more to go.......‏


Bonjour!  So yeah lots of weird mixed feelings i am not gonna lie.  I really want to be home but at the same time that scares me so much!  I feel like i am leaving for a whole new mission that they never prepared me for. UGH!  I am really stressed and to be 100 percent honest i think the most stressful part for me is coming home and dating again.  I am so scared.  School no problem, job no problem, family NO poblem, but girls yes.  I just could ramble on and on about all of the fears but in any case it needs to happen.  I just don't want to finish the mission.  I want to stay in france so bad!  

I think it is cool that mom and dad will be up on sunday!  Holy Cow!  I will be in paris also monday, tuesday and wednesday but for fear of a potential before thursday running into each other i can't tell you were i will be.  I also want the thursday to be a big fun moment!  Also MOM, Elder Gubbay asks if you could bring him some crunchy and creamy peanut butter!  He has been begging me to ask you!  You will get to meet him and a couple other missionaries that i served with/around!  Elder Gubbay is the assistant and cannot wait to see you guys!  Also you'll probably see Elder Petersen and maybe a couple others!  You should come check out the visitor center in Paris!  It is 12 rue St Merri!  It isn't far from Chatelet les Halles.  You will get to know all of that!  Ha So yeah i am really excited to see you guys!  I think it will be a good transition to going back home.  I need to also get up to date on new members of the family and stuff, if you could bring photos that'd be so great!  Um other things??? new garments? yes, um yeah i think that is it.  Oh yeah and just so you know we are eating with families, Thrusday, Friday, and Sunday! It is going to be so much fun and like i said just love the country and get ready to try some fun cheeses!  I want to show you guys some of my favorite things that you can only get in France!  

Next thing. Homecoming, do you think that will be the sunday following when we get home?  If so what am i talking about, should i be preparing something? Just so you guys know the very FIRST thing i do when i come home, even before getting released, is get a FILIBERTOS Bean Burrito and a Shrimp Quesadilla. Everything else is up to you guys.  Also how will i get released?  All the logistics i would like to know :)  Elder Awerkamps family wants to come to my homecoming as well just FYI so when you figure out if you could tell them their number is 480-503-3246 :)  I think that would be great to meet them!  Also, i have said so many alsos!  If you guys could buy a nose hair trimmer that would be fantastic!  LOL i know it is weird but it is a much needed gift for a missionary i love in this mission!  His birthday is the 4th of August! Voilà thank you!  Nothing crazy of course just something simple!

So ok now to the work side of things.  Here things are going!  Unfortunately Arlette can't be baptized because she and her "husband" aren't legally married.  They are married african style but they have to be married French Style because they were married in France.  It stinks but is normal.  However, Steve and Grettel are still good and the service is going to be great.  I am really excited for both of them!  We have some other good people who are on the baptismal train but who are still trying to organize living and life circumstances.  So yeah but this last week was really good and we got a ton accomplished!  I am so excited to see what will happen in the future i just pray that President sends a hard worker down here!  On verra bien!  Donc voilà c'est tout pour le moment!

I am happy to hear that the homecoming for Grandma and Grandpa was really fun!  I can't wait to see them!  And also i was shocked to see that dust cloud that came in!  That was so cool and i can't wait to come home to cool weather again!  I think it is great that you guys are all reading as a family!  I am also reading! I just started 3rd Nephi and I am in Joel in the Bible. I hope to finish both the Book of Mormon and the Bible before i come home!  That should be cool!  I love the book of mormon because of it's doctrinal detail.  Frankly i am sick of hearing how horrible Israel is......but it is coming along.  Haha  So there you go i think that is all!  I love you and will see you......Next Week

Elder Hoopes

No comments:

Post a Comment